Last Updated July 1st, 2020
Please note that whether or not we disable access to or remove content, Immerse Bahamas may make a good faith attempt to forward the written notification, including the complainant’s contact information, to the Account Holder who posted the content and/or take other reasonable steps to notify the Account Holder that Immerse Bahamas has received notice of an alleged violation of intellectual property rights or other content violation. It is also our policy, in appropriate circumstances and in our discretion, to disable and/or terminate the accounts of Account Holder, or groups as the case may be, who infringe or repeatedly infringe the rights of others or otherwise post unlawful content.
Please note that any notice or counter-notice you submit must be truthful and must be submitted under penalty of perjury. A false notice or counter-notice may give rise to personal liability. You may therefore want to seek the advice of legal counsel before submitting a notice or a counter-notice.
Claims regarding copyright infringement
Notice of Copyright Infringement:
Pursuant to the Copyright Act 1999 Chapter 323 of the Statute Laws of The Bahamas, Immerse Bahamas has implemented procedures for receiving written notification of claimed infringements. Immerse Bahamas has also designated an agent to receive notices of claimed copyright infringement. If you believe in good faith that your copyright has been infringed, you may complete and submit a Notice of Copyright Infringement Form here, or otherwise provide a written communication which contains:
- An electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest;
- A description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed;
- A description specifying the location on our website of the material that you claim is infringing;
- Your email address and your mailing address and/or telephone number;
- A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf.
Please submit your notice to Immerse Bahamas’ Copyright Agent as follows:
Fill out our online submission form to contact the Immerse Bahamas Copyright Agent
Or contact us by mail at:
Immerse Bahamas Co. Ltd.
ATTN: Copyright Agent
OuttenIP, Counsel & Attorneys
201 West Bay Street
P.O. Box CB-12344
If you believe that a notice of copyright infringement has been improperly submitted against you, you may submit a Counter-Notice. You may complete the Counter-Notice Regarding Claim of Copyright Infringement Form, or otherwise provide a written communication which contains:
- Your physical or electronic signature;
- Identification of the material removed or to which access has been disabled;
- A statement under penalty of perjury that you have a good faith belief that removal or disablement of the material was a mistake or that the material was misidentified;
- Your full name, your email address, your mailing address, and a statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of The Commonwealth of The Bahamas (i) in the judicial district where your address is located if the address is in the United States, or (ii) The Commonwealth of The Bahamas, if your address is located outside the United States, and that you will accept service of process from the Complainant submitting the notice or his/her authorized agent.
Please submit your Counter-Notice to Immerse Bahamas’ Copyright Agent via our online submission form or mail to the address specified above.
Claims regarding content other than copyright infringement
For issues other than copyright infringement please contact our support team here to flag and report other types of content violations including:
- Reporting Inappropriate Content, Messages, or Safety Concerns
- Immerse Bahamas Trade Mark Policy
- Immerse Bahamas Vendor Complaints
Notice regarding Copywritten content on Immerse Bahamas:
Copywritten text, photos, graphics, audio and/or video material shall not be published, broadcast, rewritten for broadcast or publication or redistributed directly or indirectly in any medium. Neither shall these copywritten materials nor any portion thereof, be stored in a computer except for personal and non-commercial use. Users may not download or reproduce a substantial portion of any copywritten material found on this web site. Immerse Bahamas will not be held liable for any delays, inaccuracies, errors or omissions therefrom or in the transmission or delivery of all or any part thereof or for any damages arising from any of the foregoing.